WHAT’S NEW (Retiree Pages updates ARCHIVE) Note, the links are not updated, go to the page on this site that the note refers too
- Nov 24, 2015:- Obituary for Joe Carline added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Nov 6, 2015:- Obituary for Wally Hung Shiu Ng added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Oct 26, 2015:- note added to Retiree Obituary Page about Hilmer Anderson
- Oct 21, 2015:- Obituary for Dennis Kennedy added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Oct 15, 2015:- A note about the passing of Albert Moncion added to Obituary Page and the broken links on the Retiree Travel info page fixed
- Sept 30, 2015:- The hyperlinks on the Retiree pages updated
- Sept 18, 2015:- Obituary for Edward Myer and note about Bob Lozinski passing added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Sept 14, 2015:- Obituary for Nathaniel Augustine Doucette added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Sept 2, 2015:- News:- The Retirees, Community and Membership Services Department has added the Veterans
Service Program to the Department, see HEALTH, SAFETY, and BENEFITS WEBSITES below for more info
- Sept 2, 2015:- Obituary for Geza (Jerry) Szabo, Hugh David Willie & note about Visaka S Mand added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Aug 21, 2015:- Obituary for Harry (Henry) McGinn added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Aug 19, 2015:- Obituary for Robert Bruce Rogers & note about Geoff Turrell added to Retiree Obituary Page
- July 17, 2015:- Obituary for Henning Andreassen add to Retiree Obituary Page
- July 2, 2015:- Obituary for Sandra “Sandy” Gladys Stirling added to Retiree Obituary Page (Sandy worked in Maintenance as an Administrator and Records Control Clerk at Transair in Winnipeg, PWA in Calgary and Canadian Airlines in Vancouver prior to retiring in Calgary
- June 12, 2015:- Obituary for Doug Lieb added to Retiree Obituary Page
- June 3, 2015:- Obituary for Conrad Francisco added to Retiree Obituary Page
- May 14, 2015:- Obituary for Gerry Epp, Francis Hingston & Michael “Mic” Jones added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Feb 15, 2015:- Obituary for Norm Stannard added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Feb 7, 2015:- Obituary for Rodney H Galpin & Ian Clifford added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Feb 3, 2015:- Obituary for David William Oxley (Edmonton location) added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Feb 1, 2015:- Notice of two Deaths, Duncan Fischer, on Sunday, January 25, 2015 and Tom Hamilton on 30 Jan, 2015 added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Jan 15, 2015:- Obituary for Robb Marsden added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Jan 5, 2015:- Monthly meeting schedule updated
- Dec 28, 2014:- Memorial Service notice for Al Halischuk added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Nov 12, 2014:- YVR Dreamliner Visit – Further Information
We can now confirm from the Air Canada Daily notice of 10 October 2014 , that up to five visitors may accompany each employee / retiree:
For both events, employees are welcome to bring up to five guests (a party of six including the employee). Employees will be required to show Air
Canada I.D. to enter the event; if your guests will be arriving at different times, they need to show a photo copy of your Air Canada I.D. to be
The usual protocol at the YVR OPS Centre is for the employee / retiree to surrender their ID for a Visitor Pass and exchange same on the way out.
Thanks , Brian Colgan, Pionairs District Director , Vancouver http://www.pionairs.ca/
- Nov 12, 2014:- AIR CANADA, B787 DREAMLINER VISIT TO YVR
Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2014Time: 13:00 hrs – 19:00 hrs
Location: YVR OPS Center, North Hanger Bay 3-4
Please bring your Employee/ Retiree ID
Air Canada Security has confirmed that there will be limited open space parking around the OPS Centre. Suggest you place a note on your dashboard indicating (Air Canada Retiree visit for B787)
Should use Bridgeport Station or Airport parking and take the Canada Line back to the OPS Centre.
Submitted By: Brian Colgan, Pionairs District Director – YVR http://www.pionairs.ca/
- Oct 1, 2014:- Obituary of John “Jack” McCaffrey added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Aug 20, 2014:- Obituary of David George Graham and Anne Lema added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Aug 3, 2014:- Obituary of Albertus JORDAN added to Retiree Obituary Page
- July 3, 2014:- an Opt-In request has been sent out to current Retiree email subscribers. The New Federal Anti-Spam Legislation has required us to do it to be in compliance. If any IAM764 Retiree wishes to be on the Email list there is a link below under Retiree Newsletter. The emails you will receive will be meeting reminders & the occasional email pertaining to Retirees.
- June 24, 2014:- News of Celebration of Life for Jordan MacDonald added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- May 8, 2014:- Obituary of Arthur James,Moore added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- May 8, 2014:- Names mentioned at the Retiree monthly meeting May 7, 2014:- Gordon J Haddon, Gerry C Jones, Harold C Vaughn, Douglas H. Reid, and Dorothy Woodcock. I could not find their Obituaries in the Vancouver Sun Obituary section (Canada search) as of May 8, 2014
- April 11, 2014:- On this page, the Executive Board and Miscellaneous Position list is updated for 2014
- March 6, 2014:- Retiree Meeting Minutes added to list, see below
- Feb 21, 2014:- Retiree Minutes for Feb 5 added to list, see below
- Feb 7, 2014:- Retirees Travel Info Webpage updated, added more info for clarity (AC Travel Site & AC Portal)
- Feb 5, 2014:- Retirees Travel Info Webpage updated by adding info about accessing Air Canada Active & Retired Employee Travel Websites
- Feb 2, 2014:- Obituary of Kenneth Edward Bjorge added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- Dec 4, 2013:- November 2013 Retiree Meeting Minutes added to list and Obituary of William Edward (Ted) Gillings added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- Nov 6, 2013:- Obituary Notice for Peter Cogill added to the Retiree Obituary Page and the 2014 Meeting Schedule updated, plus The BC Federation of Retired Union Members – BC FORUM website link added to this page.
- Nov 2, 2013:- Obituary notice for Ted Walton and George Bryce Lewis added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- Oct 10, 2013:- Notice received via email today, re “Alberta Aviation Museum Assoc Info – Closure of YXD Airport and Serious Consequences for the Museums” you may have heard, the City intends to close the last runway November 30th and immediately tear up the runways, taxiways, etc. And the City refuses to let us expand our boundaries as we thought they would. As a result, there is insufficient room for the Museum to keep the PWA 737, so it is important to fly it out sometime in November. At the moment it looks like, with considerable assistance from Canadian North, the aircraft will be flown to Villeneuve Additionally, restrictions to our operations, imposed by the City, could see the Restoration Dept., the Cadets, and most of the other organizations in the hangar forced out, making it very difficult for the Museum to operate in a solvent manner. It is time to let the public know what effect the Cities actions will have on us, so a public awareness event is planned for Saturday, October 12th from 11:00 to 2:00 PM. There will be a fly-in of light aircraft and the 737 will be opened to the public. This will be the last time the public will have access to #745 for a long time, perhaps forever. So all members of the PWA family are invited to join us next Saturday. Group photos will be taken from about 2:00 to 2:30 (bring your cameras!) Lets have a good turnout and let the City know what we think of their plans. If you wore a uniform, and it still fits, please wear it. If you are not a Museum member, admission is free for this event, but please bring some I.D. or something to identify yourselves at the admission desk. Pass the word around to those who do not have e-mail.
See you on the 12th! Two Documents attached to the email 1) Call to action letter that is to be distributed.pdf and 2) Commemorative Fly In to museum letter to members.pdf
The Museum website is at:- http://albertaaviationmuseum.com/
- Oct 5, 2013:- Retiree Membership Renewal Form updated for 2014.
- Sept 29, 2013:- Our Christmas party will have to happen on Dec 4, 2013 due to the elections. NOT Dec 11, 2013 July 8, 2013:- Obituary notice for Gordon Ross Bartell added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- June 9, 2013:- Obituary notice for SCHMITT, Noreen Olive December 17, 1942 – June 2, 2013 http://http://iam764.ca/upload/2013/MemoriamNoreenSchmitt08June2013.pdf
- May 30, 2013:- LL764 has a variety of electronic and furniture goods that have been declared surplus.They are being offered on a “sealed bid” basis to the membership.
Bids close on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 0800 hours sharp. PDF file of items for sale is here
- May 30, 2013:- Former PWA employees may like to know that there is a Celebration of Life for Don Watson which will be held:
Saturday 15 June – 1300 – 1600
Harbour Air – seaplane hangar
4760 Inglis Drive, Richmond, BC
Across from Beaver restaurant – south side of the airfield, A Fly-by tribute to Don has been arranged for 1330.
- Feb 7, 2013:- new website link Star Alliance Employees Portal http://www.starallianceemployees.com/home.html added to this page & http://http://iam764.ca/retirees/retirees3.aspx
- Feb 6, 2013:- The Meeting Calendar has been updated and a few new website links added to this page, indicated by New!
- Jan 10, 2013:- An update to the event time for J.A. (Tony) Fernandes added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- Jan 8, 2013:- An update to the location for J.A. (Tony) Fernandes added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- Jan 2, 2013:- 3 Obituaries (Rui (Roy) Fernando Fragoso, Steve Reynolds & Glen William Delaney added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Jan 1, 2013:- one Death notice for J.A. (Tony) Fernandes added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- Dec 19, 2012:- One Death notice for Robert Hawkins added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- Dec 18, 2012:- One Obituary & one Death Notice added to Retiree Obituary Page (Kennedy & Hodge)
- Nov 19, 2012:- Note from Al Watson our Retiree President:- We just closed off the Xmas party list with 105 people coming. At the next meeting I will remind everyone about the Food Bank, Need for volunteers for setting up and taking down the tables and decorations for the Christmas party and to bring something for the desert table or a door prize. Nov 17, 2012:- UPDATE:- The celebration will be Dec 1 2012 at 2:30 in the afternoon at the Promontory Lake Clubhouse. 6001 Promontory Road, Sardis, B.C. V2R 3E3.
If you are planning on making it to the celebration please call Ann Arnold at 1-604-824-9082
- Nov 8, 2012:- Obituary added to Retiree Obituary Page:- VICIC, Aleksandar and ARNOLD, Bill
- Oct 23, 2012:- Obituary added to Retiree Obituary Page:– EDWARDS, Jim (Known to his friends at work as “Jungle Jim”)
- Sept 3, 2012:- Obituary added to Retiree Obituary Page:– SVEINUNGSEN, Jerry O.
- Sept 2, 2012:- link to ASU’s Trip Check added to travel links page
- June 5, 2012:- AVEOS REUNION BAR-B-Q We (Non Retirees) have planned a picnic/bar-b-q for June 23rd at Deas Island regional park. We have reserved the picnic area from 2 to 9:30 pm. We are asking everyone to donate a toonie to cover the cost of the reservation. If you have a portable bar-b-q or a pop up shelter (in case of rain) that you wouldn’t mind bringing that would be great. If everyone could bring whatever they would like on the grill for themselves, and maybe a side dish to share. We do not have a liquor license, so if you are planning to bring anything to drink, please be VERY discreet!! Amanda will be posting on facebook later today and if we forward on this e-mail to our contacts we should be able to get the word out.
If you google “deas island regional park ” you can get directions from their website. The park is located near the massey tunnel.
If you need more info please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org . We would also like a quick email to this address as well to indicate if you can make it. Retirees are Welcome to attend the picnic
- May 31, 2012:- The Council of Senior Citizens’ Organizations of British Columbia (COSCO) National Conference “The Joys & Tears of living Longer” Conference October 1 – 2, 2012, Richmond, B.C
Their Website:- http://coscobc.ca/ and the Conference poster in PDF format
- May 30, 2012:- PWA Employee Alumni Reunion Party, June 30, 2012. Details at http://pwareunion.com/yvr.htm or their Flyer in PDF format
- May 10, 2012:- 4 sites added to this page:- The Canadian Centre for Elder Law (“CCEL”), BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support, Office of the Assisted Living Registrar British Columbia and SeniorsBC.ca Home and Community Care (HCC) services
- April 29, 2012:- Obituaries added to Retiree Obituary Page:– DESMOND, John, JOY, John and GILES, Wilfred (Wilf) Woodhouse
- April 12, 2012 :- May Retiree Meeting changed back to May 2, from the May 9th date
- March 17, 2012 :- Obituary added to Retiree Obituary Page:– SAITO, Toshimi, April 18, 1938 – February 27, 2012
- March 14, 2012:- Obituary added to Retiree Obituary Page:– RODRIGUES, Richard Ian Charles April 7, 1958 – March 11, 2012
- March 7, 2012:- Meeting date on Meeting schedule changed to Sept 6 from Sept 5, 2012 and Nov 15 added.
- Feb 23, 2011:- Obituary added to Retiree Obituary Page:– MACMILLAN, Lillian M, May 1, 1928 – February 1, 2011
- Dec 16, 2011:- Link to Senior airfare, How and where senior travelers can save on the Retiree Travel Page
- Dec 11, 2011:- link to the The Government of Canada Information and Services for Seniors added
- Dec 9, 2011:- 2012 (1) meeting schedule updated and (2) elected Executive listing for 2012 updated. (3) Newsletter from COSCO was mentioned at the Dec Retiree meeting To read the COSCO 4thth Quarter newsletter go to their Website at http://coscobc.ca/ or directly to the PDF file on the Retiree Site at here
- Nov 7, 2011:- Obituaries added to Retiree Obituary Page:– TOMLINSON, James Fred, ALLCROFT, Clifford, MENNIFIELD, R
- Oct 27, 2011:- A new section added to the page:- “ACTIVISM – Various issues” the startup link is The BC Health Coalition
- Oct 5, 2011:- The newsletter from COSCO was mentioned at todays meeting. It has an article about COSCO lobbying for action to scrap Medical Services Plan premiums for all seniors. To read to full story, go to their Website at http://coscobc.ca/ or directly to the PDF file http://coscobc.ca/index.php/download_file/view/123/1/ I will archive the PDF here in case COSCO removes it for a more current newsletter.
John Martin & Jeffery Sampson added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Sept 22, 2011:- Obituary added to Retiree Obituary Page:- PHILPOTT, Wayne Scott
- Sept 19, 2011:- Obituaries added to Retiree Obituary Page:– TAYLOR, Ken D., GRUNERUD, Kenneth E, MAYNE, Henry C, MILLER, Todd Jeffrey , SOLLITT, Gary, LESIK, John.
Meeting Schedule added to page & note about Christmas party added
- May 8, 2011:- Travel page updated with 4 new Cruise Ship Websites
- May 6, 2011:- Obituaries added to Retiree Obituary Page:– SIEGLER, Hans, BERGEN, Kenneth John, LIEBRECHT, Ed, GILMOUR, Samuel John, KELLINGHUSEN, Gerhard
Retirees Website Representative:-