LOCAL LODGE 764 RETIREES OVERVIEW
The Lodge 764 Retirees Association was established in March 1994 to provide a safe and friendly meeting place for retired IAM Lodge 764 members.
Items of interest to be discussed are Pensions, Social Events, News of ill or deceased Retirees and any business of benefit to active Lodge 764 Members.
To view the Minutes of the first meeting go to Retiree Meeting Minutes1.pdf & Retiree Meeting Minutes2.pdf .
WHATS NEW (previous updates can be viewed here, on a separate page)
- Oct 11, 2020:- William Chickak funeral video supplied by Williams Daughter added to Williams Obituary Notice on the Retiree Obituary page
- Sept 18, 2020:- Obituary for William Chichak
- Sept 17, 2020:- Obituary for Charles W Burgess added to Retiree Obituary page.
- Sept 17, 2020:- The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the remaining Retiree Meetings for 2020 & the Christmas Party on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Hopefully January 2021 will be the next meeting, if possible.
- Aug 30, 2020:- The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the September meeting on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- July 22, 2020:- Obituary Notice for Fred I Himmelbaur & Erwin Aichinger added to the Retiree Obit Page, as well as a note about William Chichak (Bill)
- May 30, 2020:- Obituary Notice for Harvey Haverstock & Ross Becker, and a mention of Clancy Robinson (May 2020 IAM 764 Snag Sheet) added to the Retiree Obituary page
- May 27, 2020:- The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the June short meeting then BBQ on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- May 4, 2020:- Obituary Notice for Earl Gunder Cleven (CPA Accessory Shop) added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- May 2, 2020:- The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the May meeting on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- March 17, 2020:- The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the April meeting on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- March 12, 2020:- Obituary for Robert Wesley (Buck) Rogers added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Jan 12, 2020:- Meeting Schedule updated
- Dec 15, 2019:- Obituaries & info added to Retiree Obituary Page for:- Ceferina De Villa, Janet Frayatt & James Ternan (names found in Nov 2019 IAM Snag Sheet)
- Nov 24, 2019:-A note from Financial Secretary Shaun McCracken.
The Retirees Xmas luncheon has about 80 people coming so far. I’ve picked up all mail entries RSVP’s at the union office on the deadline 22 Nov. So I think we have an accurate count. We are planning for 90 so there’s a little space for late comers. I’ll pick up the mail again on the Hall Xmas party decoration day Dec 3 a day before the Luncheon for any late mailers.
Members or past members are requested to email me or Al Watson (Recording Secretary) with change of address or email to update our members list.
I’ll have a list at the Xmas luncheon as well for attendees to correct their info or draw attention to members on the list that have moved or passed away.
Please notify:- Shaun McCracken:- email@example.com or Al Watson:- firstname.lastname@example.org any changes.
- Nov 22, 2019:- The January 2020 meeting will be Wednesday January 8, 2020.
- Oct 3, 2019:- Membership Application Form for 2020 added to this page, see below
- Oct 2, 2019:- Obituary for James O’Connel added to the Retiree Obituary Page.
- Sept 18, 2019:- The Events Schedule was updated with The Pin Party & Christmas Party Information, see below
- Sept 6, 2019:- an update to Geoff Heide’s Obituary:- A Celebration of Life for Geoff Heide will be held on September 21st @ 1:00 PM Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, 7551 Westminster Highway, Richmond, BC V6X 1A3
- Sept 3, 2019:- Notice:- The LL764 wants all retiree members to update their mailing addresses for their records and the 2019 Long Service Pin Party , invitation mail-outs. (and future events)
All IAM Retirees are asked to email, call or mail address changes to us or contact info from members they know that may have moved and have not informed us.
We want long Service members that qualify for a service pin early so that the LL764 can get Grand lodge to make the appropriate Year gold pins for the event.
Also for members who know of members that have passed away, please notify the Retiree Recording Secretary Al Watson, (email@example.com) for acknowledgement at our meetings.
- Aug 16, 2019:- The obituary for Ron Seligman and Al McBain updated on thr Retiree Obituary Page
- Aug 2, 2019:- Obituary for Geoffrey Michael Heide added to Retiree Obituary Page (Also on this Website’s Home page)
- July 30, 2019:- Obituary for John Lenard added to Retiree Obituary, as well as a note about the recent passing of Ron Seligman and Al McBain, more info will be added for them, when it is available.
- July 27, 2019:- Obituary for Jack Crerar (Passed March 31, 2019) added to Retiree Obituary Page
- May 1, 2019:- Executive Board listing changed due to due to Bro. Wainwright stepping down as ST LL764 Retirees, and Bro. Shaun McCracken has been nominated and elected by the Retiree Meeting May 01 to replace him. Bro. Al Watson has been nominated and elected to replace Bro McCracken as RS LL764 Retirees. Both elections fill the remainder of the terms to the end of 2019. All of this is effective May 01,2019.
- April 25, 2019:- The announcement of the passing of our Pionairs member, Alan Rust added to the Retiree Obituary page.
- David Wilson deceased:- Mentioned in the March 2019 IAM 764 SNAG Sheet, “In Memoriam” Note added to Retiree Obituary Page
- March 7, 2019:- The Obituary for Jack Whelan added to Retiree Obituary Page (note:- celebration of Jack’s life is Saturday, March 9th at 2 pm at Harris Barn, 4140 Arthur Drive, Ladner.)
- March 7, 2019:- The Retiree Annual Christmas Luncheon has been moved back 1 week to Dec 3 – 10:00 A.M. for the Decorating & setup and the Christmas Party Luncheon to Dec 4, 2019 – 11:00 A.M, to accomodate a IAM scheduling change request.
- March 5, 2019:- Art Kube ‘s passing Feb10 2019. He was a great friend to labor and the IAM especially. He often attended
our meeting to update us on Pensioners issues with the Government, services available to us and many other issues. His obituary is on the Retiree Obituary Page
- March 1, 2019:- Kamri Adatua & Orlando Magbanna (Air Canada Maintenance) are mentioned in the February 2019 IAM764 Snag Sheet, and the the Obituary for George Scarinci (update), Bob Wilson McLean and Orville Victor Boardman added to the Retiree Obituary Page
- Jan 16, 2019:- The memorial services for George Scarinci and the Death notice for Brother James Singh (Cargo) added to Retiree Obituary Page
- Jan 3, 2019:- (Note:- The Retirees exec. has encountered a scheduling problem for the 9th, as the Union Hall is in use for Negotiations that day, therefore the January meeting is CANCELLED. The Retiree Exec apologizes for the mix-up)
- Dec 29, 2018:- The Lodge 764 Retirees exec. has decided to move the Jan meeting from Jan 2 to Jan 9th as Jan 2 is too close to the busy time for all, the 9th might be more convenient.
Our meetings are held at Lodge 764 meeting room, on the 1st Wednesday of every month except July and August, at 10:00 am; coffee and donuts at 9:30 am. Address:- 7980 River Road, Richmond, BC. Tel (604) 273-9668.
It was indicated at a recent Retiree meeting that an email sent to members to remind them of the next meeting would be useful, so the email address of members who included their address on the Membership application / renewal form was added to the IAM 764 Retiree mail list. There is a provision in the email to Unsubscribe, if you do not wish to receive further emails from the IAM 764 Retiree Association
The email notice of meeting would be sent out 2 or 3 days before the monthly meeting day.
There may be other emails if deemed necessary by the Retiree Executive Board, such as event notices.
If you are currently NOT receiving the newsletter or wish to receive a monthly meeting reminder, you may subscribe to the newsletter by clicking this link:- http://iam764.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=df3852b92412fde5e127b23ca&id=f9bdcd7392
EXECUTIVE BOARD FOR 2020 POSITION------------NAME------------PHONE NUMBER--EMAIL ADDRESS President-----------Diane Bjornsonfirstname.lastname@example.org Cell# 778-986-4974-- Vice-President------David Varnesemail@example.com Cell# 778-386-9751 Recording Secretary-Al Watsonfirstname.lastname@example.org (new) Cell# ???-???-???? Financial Secretary-Shawn McCrackenemail@example.com Cell# 604-880-2003 Conductor/Sentinel--Colin Iversonfirstname.lastname@example.org Trustee-------------Rolf Schneideremail@example.com Trustee-------------Ralph Stevesfirstname.lastname@example.org Trustee-------------Claudius Paisemail@example.com
MISCELLANEOUS POSITIONS FOR 2018 POSITION--------------NAME -----------PHONE NUMBER--EMAIL ADDRESS Pension cmte.---------Vacant----------???-???-????--(no email) Pension Adviser-------Vacant----------???-???-????--(no email) 50-50 Draw------------Colin Iversonfirstname.lastname@example.org Social cmte.----------Vacant----------???-???-????--(no email) Social cmte.----------Claudius Paisemail@example.com Social cmte.----------Diane Bjornsonfirstname.lastname@example.org Cell# 778-986-4974 Flight Benefits cmte.-Vacant----------???-???-????--(no email) Food Bank Donations---Vacant----------???-???-????--(no email) Computer Help---------Claudius Paisemail@example.com Sick & Visiting-------Vacant----------???-???-????--(no email) Interline Adviser-----Vacant----------???-???-????--(no email) Costco Representative-Vacant----------???-???-????--(no email) Legislative cmte.-----Vacant----------???-???-????--(no email) Retiree Webmaster-----Bob Danielfirstname.lastname@example.org MTU Pension cmte.-----Shaun McCrackenemail@example.com Cell# 604-880-2003
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION – NEW OR RENEWAL
The annual (calendar year) fee for dues is $5.00. Please make cheque payable to “FST Retirees Local Lodge 764”
Pay at January meeting or Mail to:-
Financial Secretary Treasurer, Retirees
7980 River Road,
A downloadable Membership application form is available in PDF format, year 2020 click Membership Application Form
View & print using free software. If you do not have it installed on your computer, go to the Adobe Website & download — Adobe Acrobat Reader
RETIREES: According to the IAM Constitution
RETIRED AND EXEMPT MEMBERS AND LIFE MEMBERSHIP CARDS
Dues for Retired Members
SECTION 1. Members who have retired from active employment, either with or without pension, may be issued a retirement card at a cost of $10.00 at the time of retirement. Such retirement card shall cover all succeeding years providing the holders of such cards report to their L.L. annually, not later than March 1 of each year, advising the L.L. of their current mailing address. Failure to report by March 1 of each year will cause recall of their retirement card. L.Ls. shall have the option to use their own reasonable method of advising retirees of this reporting requirement.
Full text may be seen at http://iamaw2323.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IAMAW_Constitution_2013.pdf
MEETING SCHEDULE 2019
- January 8, 2020:- 10:00 A.M. Initiate new Executive
- February 5, 2020:- 10:00 A.M.
- March 4, 2020:- 10:00 A.M.
- April 1, 2020:- The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the April meeting on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- May 6, 2020:- The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the May meeting on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- June 3, 2020:- The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the June short meeting then BBQ on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- July 1, 2020:- meeting cancelled
- August 5, 2020:- meeting cancelled
- September 2, 2020:- The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the September meeting on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- New! October 7, 2020:- 10:00 A.M. The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the October meeting on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- New! November 4, 2020:- 10:00 A.M. (nominations for Executive and Voting) The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the November meeting on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Nominations deferred to January 2021
- New! November 15, 2020:- Registering for Christmas Party deadline (cancelled)
- New! December 1, 2020:- Christmas Party Decorating – 10:00 A.M. (cancelled)
- December 2, 2020:- meeting Cancelled for Christmas Party Luncheon
- New! December 2, 2020:- Christmas Party Luncheon – 11:00 A.M. The IAM764 Retiree Association Executive Board has decided to cancel the 2020 Christmas Party on account of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- The IAM Local Lodge 764 Annual Pin Party and luncheon for our long serving members ,will be held Saturday Nov 02 2019 at the beautiful Newland Golf and Country Club at 21025 48th st. in Langley from 11:00 to 14:30.
All members receiving pins will be mailed a RSVP letter for the awards event. Award members not able to attend will get their pins , with thanks, at a later date.
- The IAM 764 Retirees Christmas Party sponsored by IAM LL 764 ,will be held December 4th at the LL764 building .
The members will be contacted by mail containing an RSVP registration form for each person attending .
The cost will be $10.00 per person, pls enclose a cheque.
We’ll need help the day before on Dec 3rd to decorate the hall.
Please return your registration as soon as you get it to aid the Social Committee in planning for the food and seating requirements.
Information and reservation forms will be available at the next LL 764 Retirees Group meeting Oct. 2nd so bring your cheque book and save us a stamp!
- nothing as of Oct, 2019
- There is a parking restriction on River Road. 2 hour parking is permitted, but more than that a permit is required. (Jan 5, 2011))
HEALTH, SAFETY, and BENEFITS WEBSITES
- From:- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers July 27, 2015
Subj: Identify IAMAW Veterans in workforce
The Retirees, Community and Membership Services Department has added the Veterans
Service Program to the Department. This program will provide assistance to its military
members, active and retired, in our workforce. Establishing this program requires the department
to identify these servicemen/women.(added to this Webpage Sept 2, 2015
Go to PDF Document:- Military Service Info Sheet for IAM & Form.pdf for more details
- The BC Crime Prevention Association — is an integrated team of citizens and police, dedicated to preventing crime. They provide on-going province-wide education and awareness through our community partnerships http://www.bccpa.org
- BC HealthGuide Program — http://www.bchealthguide.org/contact.stm Call toll-free in BC 1-800-465-4911, or e-mail your name and address to HLTH.Health@gov.bc.ca.
- The Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Centre of BC (Crisis Centre) is a non-profit, volunteer organization committed to helping people help themselves and others deal with crisis. http://www.crisiscentre.bc.ca/
- The homepage of the Provincial Emergency Program (PEP) of the Province of British Columbia — http://www.pep.bc.ca/
- The Canadian Anti-fraud Call Centre – Fraud. Recognize It. Report It. Stop It. http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/index-eng.htm (updated Jan 12, 2011)
- Public Guardian and Trustee of British Columbia The Public Guardian and Trustee of British Columbia operates under provincial law to protect the legal rights and financial interests of children, to provide assistance to adults who need support for financial and personal decision making, and to administer the estates of deceased and missing persons where there is no one else able to do so. http://www.trustee.bc.ca/Pages/default.aspx
- Canadian Mental Health Association** Aging & Mental Health, https://www.cmha.ca/mental-health/your-mental-health/aging/
- B.C. Coalition to Eliminate Abuse of Seniors http://www.bcceas.ca/
- The Consumers’ Association of Canada (CAC), founded in 1947, is an independent, not-for-profit, volunteer-based, charitable organization. Our mandate is to inform and educate consumers on marketplace issues, to advocate for consumers with government and industry, and work with government and industry to solve marketplace problems. http://consumer.ca/
- HealthLink BC Senior’s Health http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/commonhealthconcerns/seniorshealth.html
- Seniors Gateway to Legal Information & Resources http://seniorsgateway.vcn.bc.ca/subject_categories/oas.html (very good)
- A handy collection of links to information on retirement living and retirement homes in BC. http://bc.senioropolis.com/articles.asp
- Are you a Snowbird (definition:-Slang. One who moves from a cold to a warm place in the winter.) , if so check this out:- This site is designed to help Canadians maximize their enjoyment of the Snowbird lifestyle and minimize the risks, when living part-time in the U.S., Mexico, and other countries. http://www.snowbird.ca/
- Canadian Business Directory, HotFrog – Senior Care Listing on hotfrog:- http://www.hotfrog.ca/Products/senior-care/BC
- Consumer Protection BC is a not-for-profit corporation that protects consumers and encourages a fair marketplace in British Columbia http://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/
- Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia’s leading benefits provider for over 70 years. Our comprehensive understanding of health care needs fuels our commitment to service.
Together with BC Life, our subsidiary, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage for approx 1.5 million British Columbians through employee group plans and through individual plans for those who do not have coverage with their employer. http://www.pac.bluecross.ca/Corp/Default.aspx
- Nurse Next Door is a leading senior care company offering a wide range of elderly home health care services including companionship, personal care, home management and more http://www.nursenextdoor.com/index.php (added Jan 31, 2011)
- Elder Care Resources (some info from Vancouver Sun Article page C3, by James Kwantes, Feb 25, 2011)
Diamond Geriatrics: is a professional service for caregivers, the elderly, senior woman in elder care and business. We provide geriatric care management, counseling, education, seminars, and consultation on eldercare and aging issues.
Diamond Geriatrics, Inc. 288 West 8th Ave,. Vancouver, Canada V5Y 1N5
Tel: 604-874-7764 Fax: 604-874-7725
- Changing Places: Moving in Vancouver? Aging in place? Let Changing Places take care of the details.Changing Places http://www.vancouvermoves.ca/ is a moving services company in Vancouver and Victoria, B.C. We specialize in helping clients – particularly seniors – cope with the stress of moving by taking care of details
- Good Riddance: http://www.goodriddance.ca/index.html provides solution based organizing and consulting services. We can help you to save time and money and become more effective and organized.
- Home to Home: http://www.home-to-home.ca/ is a seniors advisory and assistance business based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our goal is to enable smooth transitions into senior living for our clients, concerning all matters to do with their living environment.
- With Care Home Transition Services: http://www.withcare.ca/
* transition planning
* assistance with sorting personal and household items
* packing and unpacking
* organization of in-home or off-site storage
* distribution of items to charitable organizations, thrift stores, shelters
* meeting with auctioneers
* arranging for appraisals
* coordinating with movers, cleaners
* conducting garage and estate sales
* disposal of items such as old paint
* delivery of bequests
- Eldidesign: Estate Liquidation http://www.estateliquidation.ca/ Preparation for an estate sale, downsizing, or moving to a care facility can be overwhelming, especially when other family members live in different part of the country, or even abroad. They might not have the time or ability to assist their elderly loved-ones with the transition, or to deal with the daunting task of liquidating their family estate.
It takes a full team of professionals to deal with every aspect of Estate Liquidation: home organizers, packers, cleaners, movers, certified appraiser (art and valuables), interior designer, home stager, landscapers and various contractors or handymen.
To make a hard time easier for you, we will disperse all personal possessions and revamp any dated, run-down, cluttered property in preparation for sale or rental.
- Elderpost: http://www.elderpost.com/ is a website where:-
1. Caregivers and older people can:
**find free services and support
**find free or used equipment
**give away or sell equipment that they don’t need anymore
**find private caregivers for hire
**find companies which sell what you may need
**find agencies which specialize in providing people to hire
**find information and organizations which they need as they go through a care giving and aging journey.
2. People who want to work with older people and their caregivers can find the opportunities to do so, without a placement fee, or having to go through an agency which will take something off the top.
3. Companies, non profit organizations, agencies and governments can post information about themselves and the services and goods they provide.
- Greater Vancouver Regional District Publication:- 101 things to do with your old stuff http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/solid-waste/SolidWastePublications/101Things.pdf
- Disability discount, ICBC If you have been approved for a fuel tax refund under the B.C. government Fuel Tax Refund Program for Persons with Disabilitiesexternal link, then you may also qualify for a 25 per cent discount on your Basic Autoplan—even if you don’t drive the vehicle you’re insuring. http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/costs/Pages/Discounts-and-savings.aspx (added March 2, 2011)
- Fuel Tax Refund http://www.sbr.gov.bc.ca/individuals/Information_Groups/persons_with_disabilities/
Persons with certain disabilities, including those who receive assistance under the Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities Act, are eligible for a motor fuel tax refund on the fuel used in their vehicles. http://www.sbr.gov.bc.ca/documents_library/bulletins/mft_004.pdf (added March 2, 2011)
- The Government of Canada Information and Services for Seniors http://www.seniors.gc.ca/eng/sb/ie/index.shtml (added Dec 11, 2011)
- The Canadian Centre for Elder Law (“CCEL”) is a national, non-profit body dedicated to exploring the particular legal issues which affect older Canadians. http://www.bcli.org/ccel (added May 10, 2012)
- BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support BC CEAS | Older adults in BC can live with dignity safe from abuse of any kind BC CEAS is a community based, non-profit organization incorporated as a society in 1994 as the BC Coalition to Eliminate Abuse of Seniors. Following an extensive needs assessment to establish the first Elder Law Clinic in B.C, we changed our name in 2008 to the BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support. http://bcceas.ca/ (added May 10, 2012)
- Office of the Assisted Living Registrar British Columbia is the first province in Canada to regulate assisted living residences. An Assisted Living Registrar protects the health and safety of seniors and people with disabilities who live in publicly subsidized and private-pay assisted living residences. http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/assisted/ (added May 10, 2012)
- SeniorsBC.ca Home and Community Care (HCC) services include Assisted Living, Home Support and Choice in Supports for Independent Living, Residential Care and Hospice Palliative End-of-Life Care, as well as Home Care Nursing and Community Rehabilitation, Adult Day Centres and Case Management Services” http://www.seniorsbc.ca/healthcare/community/ (added May 10, 2012)
- RCMP in B.C. Detachment Contact Information http://bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=27&languageId=1&contentId=-1 (Feb 6, 2013)
- Surrey Block Watch Program http://surrey.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=1483&languageId=1&contentId=732 (Feb 6, 2013)
- Richmond, BC, Blockwatch Program http://www.richmond.ca/safety/police/prevention/blockwatch.htm (Feb 6, 2013)
- Vancouver City, BC Blockwatch Program http://vancouver.ca/police/community-policing/block-watch/ (Feb 6, 2013)
- The Delta, BC Community Police Station (CoPS) program is a policing initiative first introduced to North Delta and Ladner in May 1992. In July 1994 the Tsawwassen CoPS office was added to the program. http://deltapolice.ca/cops/ (Feb 6, 2013)
- The Block Watch Society Block Watch Program http://www.blockwatch.com/ (Feb 6, 2013)
- The BC Federation of Retired Union Members – BC FORUM – serving the needs of both retired and active union members over the age of 50 throughout British Columbia. “Welcome to the BC FORUM website. Our organization allows retired and active union members over the age of 50 an opportunity to renew your social network of union members and realize savings in programs, services and products only possible through group negotiation”. http://bcforum.ca/ ( Nov 6, 2013)
- Consulting & Benefits Services Ltd http://weconsultants.ca/products/health-dental-plans-for-retirees/ ( Nov 6, 2013)
- 50plus.com is the leading Canadian Internet portal for Zoomers — the 14.5 million Canadians who are 45+. along with its affiliate web site, http://www.carp.ca , is also the online home of CARP, Canada’s largest association for the 45+, with more than 350,000 members.- http://www.everythingzoomer.com/category/legacy/50-plus/, Various CARP Chapters are at:- http://www.carp.ca/community/index.cfm
- Council of Canadians, founded in 1985, the Council of Canadians is Canada’s largest citizens’ organization, with members and chapters across the country. We work to protect Canadian independence by promoting progressive policies on fair trade, clean water, safe food, public health care, and other issues of social and economic concern to Canadians. We develop creative campaigns to put some of the country’s most important issues into the spotlight. We organize speaking tours, days of action, conferences and demonstrations. We also produce research reports, create popular materials, and work with individuals and organizations across the country and around the world. We do all of this to ensure that governments know the kind of Canada we want. Website — http://www.canadians.org/
- COSCO (Council of Senior Citizens’ Organizations of BC) http://www.coscobc.org/
Our Retiree Association has members who attend the regular Meetings ( 2nd Friday of the month ) If any member wishes to provide information or submit questions for our delegates to put forward at the COSCO meeting, do so at the monthly meeting, as volunteers change. (updated Jan 12, 2011).
ACTIVISM – Various Issues
- BC Health Coalition http://www.bchealthcoalition.ca/ What they Do
The goals of the BC Health Coalition are to encourage activism on health care, raise public awareness, develop constituencies around our campaigns, build unity through campaigns, and solicit participation in BC Health Coalition activities. (Oct 27, 2011)
FORMER EMPLOYER BENEFITS, INTEREST GROUP WEBSITES
- Go to the LINKS Page on the Lodge 764 Home page http://www.iam764.ca/Links.aspx for a list of useful Websites
- Air Canada Pionairs — its members are retirees of Air Canada, Canadian Airlines International and its constituent airlines. Associate Members shall be limited to ex-AC/CDN and associated Airlines’ employees who terminated their employment in good standing, who have been nominated in writing by a member and accepted by the Executive Board. http://www.pionairs.ca/
- Pacific Western Airlines Employee Alumni Website. This website is created and managed by the former employees of Pacific Western Airlines. The target audience is that membership http://www.pwareunion.com/index.htm (March 4, 2008)
- The ‘NetLetter’ is not afiliated or operated by the Pionairs or Air Canada, although many people think this is the case. It is operated as part of the ACFamily Network which is a not-for-profit association for Air Canada employees and retirees. http://www.thenetletter.org/
- Air Canada has made changes to Employee Services Contact Information
Air Canada’s Personnel, Human Resources and Pension and Estates office functions have been outsourced to Hewitt and Associates. These services include, but are not limited to, Address Changes, Pension Questions, Medical and Benefit Questions, Name Changes, Death Advice, and Marital Status Changes. More details are available from information extracted from a Pionairs Email sent out March 19, 2011.
See PDF:- Air Canada Contact Info-March 24, 2011.pdf (March 24, 2011)
- Link to Pension page on IAM764 website http://www.iam764.ca/pensions.aspx
- The Air Canada Pension Branch Winnipeg no longer exists. All pension inquiries are now handled by Hewitt Services.The contact is 1-877-645-5000 or eServices@aircanada.ca (April 14/06)
- AC Pension Rep:- Bro. Kevin Cox (2008), Ex-CAIL Pension Rep:- Bro. C Hiscock, (2008), Verne Cameron (Retiree Rep), MTU Pension Rep:-Bro. Ray Stec (2008), United Airlines:- TBD, Pension Committee Chair:- TBD Contact Information is listed on the LL764 Website
- MTU PENSION PLAN The MTU Pension plan (Province of B.C.) (April 2, 2010)
The Financial Institutions Commission of British Columbia (“FICOM”) administers and enforces the Pension Benefits Standards Act (the “PBSA”). The PBSA governs employment pension plans that have members in British Columbia. The chief administrative officer responsible for administration and enforcement of the PBSA is the Superintendent of Pensions.
This is the FICOM Website:- http://www.fic.gov.bc.ca/index.aspx?p=pension_plans/regulation
MTU Canada Website:- http://www.mtu.de/en/company/corporate_structure/locations/canada/index.html
The MTU Retiree contact person is Retiree Shaun McCracken, Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org , Telephone:- 604-535-4410 (April 5, 2011)
TRAVEL RELATED WEBSITES
- Go to the LINKS Page on the Lodge 764 Home page http://www.iam764.ca/Links.aspx for a list of useful Websites or directly to the Air Canada Family Network Website http://www.acfamily.net/ for links to sites such as the Employee Travel Site, Pionairs and others .
- There are too many websites to list on this page, so go the Travel info Page http://http://iam764.ca/retirees/retirees3
- Star Alliance Employees Portal https://portal.staralliance.com/employees/ l (Feb 7, 2013)
I’M RETIRED, NOW WHAT?
- Retired but Bored: How Should I Spend My Time? http://www.silverplanet.com/blog/dear-ellie/retired-bored-how-should-i-spend-my-time/38037
- Retirement Advice Online, Your E-Learning & Resource Center:– http://www.retirement-online.com/index.html (note:- mostly USA resources, but there may be ideas that can be achieved in Canada)
- Volunteering your time
** Volunteer BC is a provincial association of volunteer centres, provincial voluntary organizations and individuals working together to strengthen the growth and development of voluntary action in British Columbia. Currently, there are over 30 volunteer centres in British Columbia, with several others in the development stage. These centres play a key role in promoting and supporting effective volunteering in our communities. Volunteer centres work with a broad range of organizations across the voluntary sector including human and social services, health care, education, arts, sports and recreation. They provide recruitment, referral and support services to these organizations, disseminate information on volunteer management and programming, provide training for volunteers and managers of volunteers, and advocate on issues related to volunteerism and volunteer programs. http://www.volunteerbc.bc.ca/index.html
** GOVOLUNTEER This innovative and user-friendly online database connects community volunteers to local not-for-profit organizations. Volunteers easily find the roles that suit their interests, expertise and time. Organizations increase their ability to find volunteers. http://govolunteer.ca/cgi-bin/page.cgi?_id=16
** VolWeb.ca connects volunteers seeking short-term volunteer opportunities at events. Free and easy to use, VolWeb.ca™ was created to increase access to volunteer opportunities and celebrate the spirit of volunteerism. http://www.volunteerbc.bc.ca/?page_id=161
- Equifax Canada – Consumer Information Centre If you would like to obtain a copy of your credit report immediately, for a fee, you can receive real-time on-line access to your personal credit report, credit score and a full explanation of your score and how lenders view your credit history. Simply log on to Equifax Consumer Services Canada at https://www.econsumer.equifax.ca/ca/main?lang=en .To obtain a free copy of your credit report by mail, go to Your Credit Report http://www.equifax.com/ecm/canada/EFXCreditReportRequestForm.pdf and download the credit report request form.
- TransUnion credit report, A free copy is available http://www.transunion.ca/
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) is an unbiased organization that sets and upholds high standards for fair and honest business behavior. Businesses that earn BBB accredited business status contractually agree and adhere to the organization’s high standards of ethical business behaviour. BBB provides objective advice, free business Reliability Reports and charity Wise Giving Reports, and educational information on topics affecting marketplace trust. To further promote trust, BBB also offers complaint and dispute resolution support for consumers and businesses when there is difference in viewpoints. The first BBB was founded in 1912. Today, 128 BBBs serve communities across the U.S. and Canada, evaluating and monitoring more than 3 million local and national businesses and charities.
For Consumers http://www.bbb.org/council/consumer-education
AVIATION MUSEUMS and TOURS
- Boeing Museum of Flight Experience flight as you never have before. Step into the Personal Courage Wing and experience stories of courage as told through a collection of 28 fighter aircraft—in a setting that will simply amaze you. In the steel and glass Great Gallery, the history of aviation soars past, with dozens of full-size aircraft flying in formation six stories above. Sit in the cockpit of a real SR-71 Blackbird or F/A-18 Hornet. Board America’s first presidential jet—Air Force One. Climb aboard the sleek Concorde. Step back 95 years in the magnificently restored Red Barn®, birthplace of The Boeing Company. From hands-on kid’s workshops, to fly-ins, to interaction with the people who made aviation history, The Museum of Flight has something to offer every member of your family or group. Come experience the story of flight from the dawn of aviation to the Space Age.
The Museum of Flight
9404 East Marginal Way South
Seattle, WA 98108-4097
- Canadian Museum of Flight and Transportation
Hangar 3, 5333 – 216th Street,
Phone: (604) 532-0035
- The British Columbia Aviation Museum
1910 Norseman Road, Sidney, British Columbia,Canada, V8L 5V5
Phone: (250) 655 3300
- Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour. The 73,000-square-foot Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour is going to be one of Western Washington’s attractions you just can’t miss. It offers the only Public tour of a commercial jet assembly plant in North America.E-mail: email@example.com
Toll-free: 888-467-4777 — business office
Toll-free: 1-800-464-1476 — for reservations and information
- Comox Air Force Museum
19 Wing Comox
Box 1000, Stn. Forces,
Lazo, BC V0R 2K0
Museum email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Y2K Spitfire Project email: email@example.com
- Aviation Museum locator http://www.aero-web.org/museums/museums.htm A website listing Aviation Museums in North America.
- A Website Dedicated to the People and History of Pacific Western Airlines http://pwareunion.com/ (Feb 6, 2013)
- A comprehensive listing of Telephone Directories is also available on the New Westminster Public Library Website:- http://www.nwpl.ca/your_library/electronic_resources/main104.htm
- Need to ship FedEx, have a look at their interline discount. Click here for printable instructions in PDF format. (updated Feb 9, 2011)
RECENT OBITUARIES, Information has been moved to separate page at http://http://iam764.ca/retirees/retirees2
For a complete list of names of deceased AC employees, log onto your Air Canada Aeronet account at http://acaeronet.aircanada.ca and in the Table of Contents on the left side of the page select Employee Milestones & then “In Memorium”
Also check out the PWA Reunion Website:- http://www.pwareunion.com/passages.htm
Retirees Website Representative:-